Thursday, March 1, 2007

Farmer's Market

It time to start thinking about this season's Farmer's Market. Last year we sold a little bit of produce from our garden.
  • Carrots sold well. Best sellers were the Cosmic Purple & Atomic Red. Nantes sold well too. Amarillo Yellow sold pretty well but I didn't like the taste, so I'm not going to plant them this year.
  • Tomatoes: All sold well. Cherokee Purple, Brandywine, Reisenstraube & Azorean Red.
  • Cucumbers: Not a best seller. That's ok, they made great pickles!
  • Squash: Yellow Crookneck sold very well. Folks kept telling me they can't find them.
  • Ground Cherry or Husk Tomato: These sold pretty well. I think because of their novelty. I had to really give a sales pitch & gave out a lot of samples. Not planning on these this year.
  • Blueberries: Sold out everytime! Usually didn't take enough of them. They are the easiest to grow & market. The only problem was there wasn't enough left for my freezer stash! Cletus has been busy planting more Blueberry bushes!
This year I'm planning on selling my extra transplants. We'll also add some different Tomato varieties.

No comments: