Friday, February 16, 2007

Make Your Own Laundry Soap


Laundry Detergents today are made from petroleum products. They're expensive & to me smell bad. I avoid the "chemical aisle" in the grocery store like the plague! I don't understand why folks actually think that those odors they put in those products smell "clean". They make me gag!

You can make your own Laundry Soap. It's really easy.

Here's what you need:
  • 1 Bar of real Soap, grated- Examples are Fels Naptha, Zote, Castile.
  • 1 cup of Borax - This is the one product I will brave the "chemical aisle" for.
  • 1 cup Washing Soda - The only brand I know of is Arm & Hammer. You may find it in the "chemical aisle" at your grocer. You can also find it online. I can't find it locally. I finally found it in an unlikely place, a hot tub dealer! Washing Soda is Sodium Carbonate. It is the ingredient used for PH Balancer.
Mix these ingredients together, dry. Use 2 Tablespoons per load. That's it!

I also ad 1/4 cup vinegar to the rinse cycle. That is your fabric softner!

No comments: